Monday, January 22, 2007

Coverboy Peyton

I'm going to put this out there right now. Prediction:

Peyton Manning = Madden '08/ NFL '08 / Whatever The Hell They Want To Call it '08 Cover

Barring an absolutely disgusting performance in Superbowl XLI, I find this indispuatable.

Think about it. Not only does Peyton have the marketability they are looking for, but the only excuse he hasn't graced the cover of this video game dynasty is because he hasn't won when it counted. Now he has. Shaun Alexander didn't have to win the Superbowl to get the cover last year, and Peyton has gotten as far as he needs to to get it this year.

What about LaDanian Tomlinson, you ask? It's a safe prediction, but I don't think LDT is widely known enough to beat out Peyton. Yes, yes, I know he recently shattered the single-season scoring record and rushing TD record, but his quiet demeanor (which I love, I can't imagine how that guy can be so humble) hurts him. LDT isn't doing cell phone and credit card commercials. Peyton's already out there. He's been selling things for years. If it were anyone else against LDT, I might sway in the Supercharger's direction, but I just think it's Peyton's year.

No comments: