Thursday, March 1, 2007

Brye, Brye, Bry-ant

With the 49ers choosing to waive troubled Wide Reciever Antonio Bryant, I got 10% of my wishes for the Free Agency Period granted. Not a bad start.

Bryant was cut after his behavioral issues (including a 4 game suspension for violating the leagues' substance abuse policy) outweighed his slightly above average performance on the field.

I love this move. The 49ers are steadily rebuilding, and should try their hand at free agency for a instant improvement (trust me, there are guys out there), and draft a wide reciever or two in the later rounds. You have no idea who will be the next Marques Colston.

This is the third team that has given up on Bratty Bryant, so it's great to see that Football Players still are (somewhat) responsible for their actions. If the other 29 teams in the league are smart enough to not even bother with you, Antonio, I hear that McDonalds is now looking for part-time and full time cashiers.

No comments: